From celebs like Vanessa Hudgens, Felicity Jones, Taylor Swift, Katy Perry, & Blake Lively, the cat eye trend is hot, hot this season and so simple to do. Create the classic cat eye look that is playful and quirky with these 7 tips.
- First, you want to apply a base eyeshadow on the entire upper lid. This should be a low key color, so stick with nudes or a neutral matte shadow
- Use a light eye liner pencil to outline the cat eye wing as a 'template' for what comes next. The line you draw should start out thin and thicken as it gets closer to the outer corner of your eyes
- Time to break out the black eyeliner for that classy, edgy look
- Start by using a pencil liner -- if you're quite a pro at eye liner application, skip the pencil liner and use a liquid or gel liner
- Line your upper lid as close to the lash line as possible
- Begin to slant your eyeliner upwards 1/4 inch towards the outerpart of your eye
- Make the wing as long or as short as you wish. The longer the wing, the higher impact you will achieve.